Liberty Plaza is a 173-unit affordable rental housing development located in the Summit-University neighborhood of the City of St. Paul. The property consists of 15 buildings including a 6,100 sq. ft. community center building on a 9-acre site. The property has a wide variety of unit types and sizes including 76 apartments (10-efficiency, 42-one-bedroom, 24 two-bedroom units) and 97 multi-level townhomes (16 two bedroom and 81 three-bedroom units). All units have off-street parking available. The apartment buildings have laundry facilities and the townhomes have washer/dryer hook-ups.
The property was originally developed in 1968 by Liberty Plaza, Inc., a nonprofit controlled by the Dayton Avenue Presbyterian Church (DAPC). TCHDC and Liberty Plaza, Inc., formed a partnership in 2001 and completed a two-year multi-million dollar major renovation of the property in 2003.
All units in the property have a rental subsidy either through HUD or the St. Paul PHA.
There is a resident resource center on site which offers a wide range of programs including after school and summer academic enrichment for children and youth, employment counselling, health services, tax preparation and a computer lab specifically available for adults.
• Washer dryer hook-ups in town homes
• Laundry facilities in apartment building
• Playgrounds and half-court basketball
• Community Center and Resident Resource Center on-site
• Adult programs including employment counseling on-site
• Adult computer lab
• After school and summer programs on-site
• Located in the St. Paul Cathedral Hill area
• Convenient to metro area transportation
Property Solutions & Services